Experienced Guidance On Employment Law For California Employers
Employment law is a complex web of regulations, both state and federal and sometimes local. At Rediger Labor Law, we have devoted our practice to mastering this nuanced area of law. We work with employers of all sizes to address and avoid disputes in a cost-effective manner.
Based in Sacramento, our attorneys have extensive experience representing California employers in a wide range of matters. We have a strong record of results that speak to our diligence and dedication.
Representing Employers In All Kinds Of Legal Proceedings And Lawsuits
Employers turn to us for guidance on employment law proceedings involving:
- EEOC charges and DFEH complaints: We represent employers in administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). We also handle petitions seeking judicial review of agency decisions in state or federal court.
- California Labor Commissioner complaints: Our lawyers represent employers in complaints before the Labor Commissioner alleging state-level employment violations. Swift action is crucial for a strong defense against these claims.
- Lawsuits alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination: We counsel and represent employers in litigation brought by employees in state or federal court.
- Lawsuits involving unfair competition, trade secrets and workplace violence: We represent employers in claims against employees or competitors for breach of employment agreements that contain no-raiding, nonsolicitation, noncompetition and confidentiality clauses. We also handle claims involving misappropriation of trade secrets, violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and violations of the Workplace Violence Safety Act.
- Defense against other types of employment lawsuits: We defend employers against claims such as breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, defamation, interference with contractual rights, and negligent or intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Wage and hour class action lawsuits: We defend our clients against wage-and-hour class action claims in federal and state courts, including those brought under the California Unfair Competition Law (ULC) and the Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA).
- Federal OSHA and CAL-OSHA claims: We represent employers in workplace safety matters involving the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the state-level agency (California OSHA).
- Employment arbitration: We have a wealth of experience successfully representing employers in arbitration, both in claims and counter-claims, including securing a favorable award of attorney’s fees.
- Workers’ compensation 132a, and serious and willful petitions: Our firm becomes involved in workers’ comp proceedings when an employee files a petition for increased benefits or a petition claiming they were injured as a result of the serious and willful misconduct of the employer, both of which are generally not covered by workers’ comp.
- Appeals and writs: Our firm has filed several petitions for extraordinary writs with the appellate courts, several of which have resulted in published decisions favorable to employers. We have also prosecuted and defended appeals on behalf of employers in state and federal courts.
Advisory Services For Employers
We provide counseling and advice to our clients on potential problems with the goal of eliminating or reducing the chance that such will result in formal litigation. Our lawyers also help employers implement well-drafted employee handbooks, policies and procedures to mitigate the risk of costly disputes. When it comes to terminating employee relationships, we assist employers by preparing formal severance agreements, ensuring that all matters have been addressed and finalized.